An email newsletter, with one Ruby/Rails technique delivered with a ‘why?’ and a ‘how?’ every two weeks. It’s deliberately brief, focussed & opinionated.
Don’t miss my next post, sign up to the One Ruby Thing email and get my next post in your inbox.
- Rescue specific errors. Avoid rescuing StandardError. Don’t rescue Exception.
- Don’t use default_scope. Ever.
- Use Rails’ naming conventions for dates & times
- Rails Naming Cringes
- AMP Project Pages on Ruby on Rails
- Simple Ruby/Rails Setup on macOS
- Benchmarking each_with_object Against inject when building Hashes from Arrays
- Serving a Jekyll Blog using Heroku
- Web Services used at ImpulseFlyer
- RedDotRubyConf 2012: Wrap up