Freelance CTO, Rubyist, Conference Organizer, Author, Speaker, Bootstrapper & Parent of Twins.
I’m tired a lot.
An email newsletter, with one Ruby/Rails technique delivered with a ‘why?’ and a ‘how?’ every two weeks. It’s deliberately brief, focussed & opinionated.
- A job should know whether to run itself
- Use Hash#fetch when using Rails params in controllers
- Stop robots and crawlers causing errors in your Rails application
- Check Your Database Indexes For ActiveRecord Scopes
- Only use named scopes outside models
- Avoid Writing SQL When Using ActiveRelation
- Enumerable avoids using temporary variables when looping
- Extract conditionals into well-named methods
- Be sparing when using unless
- Truthiness in Conditionals
- more ruby articles…
- Year in Review 2017
- Duncan Croll, 1952—2016
- The New Homes of Five Simple Steps Books
- Pivotal Tracker Fluid Icon
- Furiously Paddling Underneath
- Founder Shares & Dilution at Tumblr: How Much Did The Founders Make?
- What Should I Buy for Twins?
- What Buggy/Travel System Should I Buy For Twins?
- Leaving Singapore
- Ubud, Bali
- Pay, Equity and Startups
- Pitchaholics Anonymous
- South Africa: Mala Mala & Cape Town
- Pivotal Labs & EMC: The Future?
- Setup DLink ShareCenter DNS-320 on Mac OS X
- Running RedDotRubyConf 2011
- Setting up a Company in Singapore as an Expat
- My First Hate Mail from Wen Kole, Singapore