VP Engineering at CoverageBook, Rubyist, Conference Organizer, Author, Speaker, Bootstrapper & Parent of Twins.
I’m tired a lot.
An email newsletter, with one Ruby/Rails technique delivered with a ‘why?’ and a ‘how?’ every two weeks. It’s deliberately brief, focussed & opinionated.
- Don’t Email From Active Record Callbacks
- Watch Out For nil in Ranges
- Be Aware of nil values when using where.not()
- Prevent Links in Text Fields to Foil Spammers
- Protect your sign up form with Rack::Attack
- Clean up broken .dev domains
- Don't use instance variables in partials
- Secure Your Rails Staging Environment with HTTP Basic Authentication
- Be Careful Assigning to has_one Relations
- Replace Timecop With Rails’ Time Helpers in RSpec
- Use Multiple Migrations When Adding Database Constraints
- Always Force Booleans to be True or False
- Write long strings with wiggly HEREDOCs
- A scope should return a scope
- Don’t Loop & Do Work in Jobs
- more ruby articles…
- Year in Review 2018
- Year in Review 2017
- Duncan Croll, 1952—2016
- The New Homes of Five Simple Steps Books
- Pivotal Tracker Fluid Icon
- Furiously Paddling Underneath
- Founder Shares & Dilution at Tumblr: How Much Did The Founders Make?
- What Should I Buy for Twins?
- What Buggy/Travel System Should I Buy For Twins?
- Leaving Singapore
- Ubud, Bali
- Pay, Equity and Startups
- Pitchaholics Anonymous
- South Africa: Mala Mala & Cape Town
- Pivotal Labs & EMC: The Future?
- Setup DLink ShareCenter DNS-320 on Mac OS X
- Running RedDotRubyConf 2011
- Setting up a Company in Singapore as an Expat
- My First Hate Mail from Wen Kole, Singapore